Friday, April 22, 2016

BEAUTY REVIEW: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer & Pressed Powder

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

I am crazy for concealers. I have a few but my favourite would be Maybelline Age Rewind concealer (bought in Australia). Unfortunately, I bought the wrong shade. I accidentally took the lightest shade which is Light Pale. It is so light on my skin tone that whenever I take pictures I can see white cast under my eyes. That's not attractive right?

So, I bought NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Medium2 Ginger. I must say this purchase wasn't necessary at all as I still have my MAC Duo Concealer. I would like to take this opportunity to blame YouTube for luring me into buying the NARS concealer. LOL. The MAC concealer is okay, it covers my dark circle but only for a while. After 1 or 2 hours, it'll start to get a bit patchy.


I've had the NARS Concealer for quite some time now. So, it'll be fair to review it. My thoughts: very creamy, smooth and easily to blend with a brush/sponge (fingers: not so much, looks a bit patchy). However, this concealer highlights my dry patches & tend to look patchy after long hours (after 4 hours) of wearing it. That's the only thing that I don't like about it.

This concealer feels light on the skin, not the heavy type which is a plus point. I don't like heavy concealer, makes it look even more fake than it already is. In terms of covering any imperfections, I think it does a pretty good job considering it's on the pricey side (RM112). In terms of lasting, it does get a bit patchy after 4-5 hours of wear. But I think that differs by condition (sunny, winter, etc).

My verdict: I prefer the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. Hands down the best concealer and cheaper !!


NARS Pressed Powder

Nothing much to say, I like it but not to the point where I love it so much. It does go well with the concealer though. To me, you can get a cheap powder that does the exact same thing. For example, Sephora Collection Mattifying Pressed Powder/Powder Foundation or Catrice Pressed Powder (available at Guardian). There's no need to break the bank by getting a powder that cost RM145 (if i'm not mistaken).

My verdict: Not worth your bucks! I prefer the Sephora Collection Pressed Powder more than this one!

__________

Would I recommend you to buy? Well...it's all up to you. But I would recommend you to go try at NARS just to experience it and then decide whether you should get it or otherwise.





xx

No comments:

Post a Comment