Friday, August 8, 2014

Don't throw out your old shoes !

Why throw your old/new shoes? Just because the color is not the same as it was before? You spilled drinks on it? It's such a waste to just throw out your shoes, no? Well, that's what happened to me! I have a shoe that has changed color due to the weather. My pumps was originally black. But after awhile i noticed, my left shoe has changed to grey. I love this pumps so much, i wore it to my graduation last year and i don't want to throw away my memory just like that. Besides, the shoes is still in a good condition except for the color tho… The only solution that came across my mind was "why don't you dye your shoe? you dye-ed your jeans before. it's the same thing right?"

So, i went online to check where in Malaysia sells shoe dye. While i was online, i found only one store that sells it online called "creative cottage" (www.creativecottageonline.com, RM19.50) Knowing me, i don't like to wait. Thus, i went out on a search for shoe dye at various shops at various malls. Still no luck… Until i found one shop that informed me "you can try ace hardware. they might have it". Guess what?! they do ! i went to the nearest ACE Hardware which is located at Citta Mall. The dye is placed near the cashier. I payed RM17 for it. Much cheaper than the shop online. 


The pictures of my pumps & the dye:


This dye is for suede & nubuck material.
They do sell leather dye, try check it out :)
I bought it in BLACK. 


The solution comes with a free brush for easy application.
The container is mine tho. Bare in mind this solution will leave stains.
So, you need to be careful. Wear a glove if you like.
OH ! and a lil' does go a long wayyy. 
I could dye another pair of shoes if i like! haha.


Tadaaaa ! My refurbished pumps!
All black againnnnn, LOVE!


xx

1 comment:

  1. I saw ACE selling white goatskin gloves from RM85 which is really value for money but wanted them black. Now you have showed me the way to do it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete